Re: End to end Mixminion issues, with proposed solutions

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, George Danezis wrote:

> BTW: I do take Len's comment abou the fact that fragment recomposition
> would need to happen on the network rather than the edges, but I rather
> think of it as a network service rather than a basic thing that everyone
> should do (depending on implementing a particular exit policy). Am I
> wrong?

I'm thinking about this in the terms of an implimentor's document. I'm
fine with permitting an implimentation to ignore packet reassembly issues
if it never delivers plaintext messages or creates Mixminion packets from
plaintext -- but in that case it should probably not ever be seeing packet
type "partial", should it? Looks like there's room for an If...Then
statement in the spec.

--Len.