Re: Mixminion Silence

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 08:54:54AM +0100, Colin Tuckley wrote:
> It seems to have gone very quiet in here recently. Has there been any
> further development on Mixminion?
>
> In the absence of any more development on the directory servers I've
> stopped reminding people when their nodes die since it turned out to be
> counter-productive (people who don't notice that their own node is dead
> unless reminded tend not to maintain it in other ways and reliability drops
> as a result).
>
> If development has stalled for some reason then I'd like to know please.

Development is slowed down a bit, but not stopped.  I'm pretty busy
working on Tor these days, but I'm still pushing ahead with various
Mixminion-related objectives.

One problem is that 0.0.8 is going to be a particularly feature-heavy
release: I'm trying to squeeze in a distributed directory
architecture, an integrated pinger, and the start of an intergrator's
API.  Combined with the time demands of other stuff, this has taken a
good while.

You can see the current status in the TODO file: The pinger is
basically implemented, but needs more testing and polished.  The
fiddly part of the directory stuff is done, and it just needs to get
tested more and glued in to the rest of the code.  The integrator's
API is getting designed.

I figure if I can sit down for 2 weeks and do nothing else, I get get
0.0.8 out that door.  But that isn't going to happen just yet.  Please
be patient.  If you can hack python, take a look at the TODO file and
see if you want to help with anything.

HTH,
--
Nick Mathewson