[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[or-cvs] r9955: Clarify some points in proposal 104, mostly based on mail fr (in tor/trunk: . doc/spec/proposals)
- To: or-cvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [or-cvs] r9955: Clarify some points in proposal 104, mostly based on mail fr (in tor/trunk: . doc/spec/proposals)
- From: nickm@xxxxxxxx
- Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 17:30:27 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 17:30:37 -0400
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-cvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 2007-04-14 17:30:25 -0400 (Sat, 14 Apr 2007)
New Revision: 9955
r12366@catbus: nickm | 2007-04-14 17:30:12 -0400
Clarify some points in proposal 104, mostly based on mail from arma on or-dev.
Property changes on: tor/trunk
svk:merge ticket from /tor/trunk [r12366] on 8246c3cf-6607-4228-993b-4d95d33730f1
--- tor/trunk/doc/spec/proposals/104-short-descriptors.txt 2007-04-14 21:30:20 UTC (rev 9954)
+++ tor/trunk/doc/spec/proposals/104-short-descriptors.txt 2007-04-14 21:30:25 UTC (rev 9955)
@@ -62,8 +62,8 @@
Fingerprint is encoded in hex (using upper-case letters), with
- As currently documented in dir-spec.txt.
+ "published" As currently documented in dir-spec.txt. It MUST match the
+ "published" field of the descriptor published at the same time.
@@ -101,10 +101,14 @@
Present if this router is a directory cache that provides
+ (Since implementations before 0.1.2.5-alpha required that "opt" keyword
+ precede any unrecognized entry with "opt", these keys MUST be preceded
+ with "opt" until 0.1.2.5-alpha is obsolete.)
3. New communications rules
- Clients SHOULD generate and upload an extra-info document after each
- descriptor they generate and upload; no more, no less. Clients MUST
+ Servers SHOULD generate and upload an extra-info document after each
+ descriptor they generate and upload; no more, no less. Servers MUST
upload the new descriptor before they upload the new extra-info.
Authorities receiving an extra-info document SHOULD verify all of the
@@ -115,6 +119,7 @@
* The extra-info-digest field in the router descriptor matches
the digest of the extra-info document.
+ * The published fields in the two documents match.
Authorities SHOULD try to fetch extra-info documents from one another if
they do not have one matching the digest declared in a router
@@ -150,7 +155,7 @@
For extra info approach:
* Authorities should accept extra info, and support serving it.
- * Routers should upload bandwidth info once authorities accept it.
+ * Routers should upload extra info once authorities accept it.
* Caches should support an option to download and cache it, once
authorities serve it.
* Tools should be updated to use locally cached information.
@@ -160,7 +165,10 @@
https://nighteffect.us/tns/ for its graphs
and check with or-talk for the rest, once it's time.
- * Once tools that want bandwidth info support fetching it:
+ * Set a cutoff time for including bandwidth in router descriptors, so
+ that tools that use bandwidth info know that they will need to fetch
+ extra info documents.
+ * Once tools that want bandwidth info support fetching extra info:
* Have routers stop including bandwidth info in their router