[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[or-cvs] r10021: some todo items that have been sitting in my sandbox (tor/trunk/doc)
Date: 2007-04-25 01:59:30 -0400 (Wed, 25 Apr 2007)
New Revision: 10021
some todo items that have been sitting in my sandbox
--- tor/trunk/doc/TODO 2007-04-24 21:33:06 UTC (rev 10020)
+++ tor/trunk/doc/TODO 2007-04-25 05:59:30 UTC (rev 10021)
@@ -173,18 +173,28 @@
- A better UI for authority ops.
- Follow weasel's proposal, crossed with mixminion dir config format
- Write a proposal
- - Bridges (rudimentary version) (By Jun 1)
+ - Bridges users (rudimentary version) (By Jun 1)
- Ability to specify bridges manually
- - Use bridges to build circuits
+ D cache of bridges that we've learned about and use but aren't
+ manually listed in the torrc.
+ D and some mechanism for specifying that we want to stop using
+ a given bridge in this cache.
+ - Config option 'UseBridges' that bridge users can turn on.
+ - uses bridges as first hop rather than entry guards.
+ D Do we want to maintain our own set of entryguards that we use
+ after the bridge? Open research question; let's say no for 0.2.0
+ unless we learn otherwise.
- Ask all directory questions to bridge via BEGIN_DIR.
+ - Bridges operators (rudimentary version) (By Jun 1)
- Ability to act as dir cache without a dir port.
- Bridges publish to bridge authorities
+ - Fix BEGIN_DIR so that you connect to bridge of which you only
+ know IP (and optionally fingerprint), and then use BEGIN_DIR to learn
+ more about it.
+ - Bridges authorities (rudimentary version) (By Jun 1)
- Rudimentary "do not publish networkstatus" option for bridge
- Clients can ask bridge authorities for more bridges.
- - Fix BEGIN_DIR so that you connect to bridge of which you only
- know IP (and optionally fingerprint), and then use BEGIN_DIR to learn
- more about it.
- Bridges (not necessarily by Jun 1)
- Clients can ask bridge authorities for updates on known bridges.
- More TLS normalization work: make Tor less easily
@@ -201,6 +211,8 @@
- It would be potentially helpful to https requests on the OR port by
acting like an HTTPS server.
+ - add an 'exit-address' line in the descriptor for servers that exit
+ from something that isn't their published address.
- Audit how much RAM we're using for buffers and cell pools; try to
trim down a lot.
@@ -211,6 +223,7 @@
packages, as documented in tor-doc-unix.html
P - Figure out why dll's compiled in mingw don't work right in WinXP.
P - Figure out why openssl 0.9.8d "make test" fails at sha256t test.
+ - add an AuthDirBadexit torrc option if we decide we want one.
Deferred from 0.1.2.x:
- BEGIN_DIR items
@@ -397,6 +410,9 @@
+ - we try to build 4 test circuits to break them over different
+ servers. but sometimes our entry node is the same for multiple
+ test circuits. this defeats the point.
- when we hit a funny error from a dir request (eg 403 forbidden),
but tor is working and happy otherwise, and we haven't seen many
such errors recently, then don't warn about it.