[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[or-cvs] r7033: mark out the two biggest bugs (tor/trunk/doc)
Date: 2006-08-11 20:38:38 -0400 (Fri, 11 Aug 2006)
New Revision: 7033
mark out the two biggest bugs
--- tor/trunk/doc/TODO 2006-08-12 00:30:07 UTC (rev 7032)
+++ tor/trunk/doc/TODO 2006-08-12 00:38:38 UTC (rev 7033)
@@ -17,11 +17,17 @@
- <arma> "should we detect if we have a --with-ssl-dir and try the -R
by default, if it works?"
+Important bugfixes in 0.1.2.x:
+ - When we've been idle a long time, we stop fetching server
+ descriptors. When we then get a socks request, we build circuits
+ immediately using whatever descriptors we have, rather than waiting
+ until we've fetched correct ones.
+ - If the client's clock is too far in the past, it will drop (or
+ just not try to get) descriptors, so it'll never build circuits.
Items for 0.1.2.x:
- enumerate events of important things that occur in tor, so vidalia can
- - Bug: We are willing to build circuits using not-up-to-date descriptors,
- when we get a request and we've been idle a long time.
- We should ship with a list of stable dir mirrors -- they're not
trusted like the authorities, but they'll provide more robustness
and diversity for bootstrapping clients.
@@ -137,14 +143,12 @@
download and use.
- Critical but minor bugs, backport candidates.
- - If the client's clock is too far in the past, it will drop (or
- just not try to get) descriptors, so it'll never build circuits.
-R - Failed rend desc fetches sometimes don't get retried.
+ - Failed rend desc fetches sometimes don't get retried. True/false?
. If we fail to connect via an exit enclave, (warn and) try again
without demanding that exit node.
- And recognize when extending to the enclave node is failing,
so we can abandon then too.
-R - non-v1 authorities should not accept rend descs.
+ - non-v1 authorities should not accept rend descs.
- We need a separate list of "hidserv authorities" if we want to
retire moria1 from the main list.
- support dir 503s better