[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[or-cvs] todo and spec cleanups
Update of /home/or/cvsroot/tor/doc
In directory moria:/tmp/cvs-serv30392
todo and spec cleanups
RCS file: /home/or/cvsroot/tor/doc/TODO,v
retrieving revision 1.397
retrieving revision 1.398
diff -u -p -d -r1.397 -r1.398
--- TODO 5 Jan 2006 21:23:03 -0000 1.397
+++ TODO 5 Jan 2006 21:32:33 -0000 1.398
@@ -37,6 +37,8 @@ for 0.1.1.x:
N - if they're trying to be a tor server and they're running
win 98 or win me, give them a message talking about The Bug.
+ - state_description in config.c has gone stale
. Helper nodes
. More testing and debugging
o If your helper nodes are unavailable, don't abandon them unless
@@ -105,6 +107,7 @@ R - clients prefer to avoid exit nodes f
- find 10 dirservers.
- What are criteria to be a dirserver? Write a policy.
+ - the tor client can do the "automatic proxy config url" thing?
Deferred from 0.1.1.x:
@@ -315,7 +318,7 @@ Future version:
- auth mechanisms to let hidden service midpoint and responder filter
- Relax clique assumptions.
- - start handling server descriptors without a socksport?
+ X start handling server descriptors without a socksport?
- tor should be able to have a pool of outgoing IP addresses
that it is able to rotate through. (maybe)
@@ -331,7 +334,7 @@ Blue-sky:
- Implement Morphmix, so we can compare its behavior, complexity, etc.
- Other transport. HTTP, udp, rdp, airhook, etc. May have to do our own
link crypto, unless we can bully openssl into it.
- . Conn key rotation (we switch to a new one after a week, but
+ o Conn key rotation (we switch to a new one after a week, but
old circuits don't get any benefit from this).
- Need a relay teardown cell, separate from one-way ends.
(Pending a user who needs this)
RCS file: /home/or/cvsroot/tor/doc/tor-spec.txt,v
retrieving revision 1.108
retrieving revision 1.109
diff -u -p -d -r1.108 -r1.109
--- tor-spec.txt 5 Jan 2006 21:23:03 -0000 1.108
+++ tor-spec.txt 5 Jan 2006 21:32:33 -0000 1.109
@@ -363,9 +363,6 @@ when do we rotate which keys (tls, link,
After a DESTROY cell has been processed, an OR ignores all data or
destroy cells for the corresponding circuit.
- (The rest of this section is not currently used; on errors, circuits
- are destroyed, not truncated.)
To tear down part of a circuit, the OP may send a RELAY_TRUNCATE cell
signaling a given OR (Stream ID zero). That OR sends a DESTROY
cell to the next node in the circuit, and replies to the OP with a
@@ -496,7 +493,7 @@ when do we rotate which keys (tls, link,
If the RELAY cell is recognized but the relay command is not
understood, the cell must be dropped and ignored. Its contents
- still count with respect to the digests, though. [Up until
+ still count with respect to the digests, though. [Before
0.1.1.10, Tor closed circuits when it received an unknown relay
command. Perhaps this will be more forward-compatible. -RD]