[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[or-cvs] more 0.1.1.x todo items, plus a 0.1.2.x roadmap
Update of /home2/or/cvsroot/tor/doc
In directory moria:/home/arma/work/onion/cvs/tor/doc
more 0.1.1.x todo items, plus a 0.1.2.x roadmap
RCS file: /home2/or/cvsroot/tor/doc/TODO,v
retrieving revision 1.407
retrieving revision 1.408
diff -u -p -d -r1.407 -r1.408
--- TODO 19 Jan 2006 18:00:15 -0000 1.407
+++ TODO 24 Jan 2006 03:57:38 -0000 1.408
@@ -34,7 +34,14 @@ Website:
stickers directly, etc.
+N - use only the three dirservers for hidden service descriptors
+ - and publish hidden service descriptors less frequently
+N - when we're running an unrecommended version, we should be told
+ what versions *are* recommended. whose list do we use?
+N o add a GUARD flag to the network-status entries.
+R - Clients use it.
- add TestSocks config option to man page
+R - MaxConn is still in man page. needs to be ConnLimit and needs change.
- when logging unknown http headers, this could include bad escape codes?
- more generally, attacker-controller log entries with newlines in them
are dangerous for our users.
@@ -94,6 +101,8 @@ R - When we connect to a Tor server, it
Deferred from 0.1.1.x:
+ - <weasel> it would be nice to support a unix socket for the control thing.
- the tor client can do the "automatic proxy config url" thing?
R - clients prefer to avoid exit nodes for non-exit path positions.
@@ -200,8 +209,6 @@ N - Vet all pending installer patches
- Make router_is_general_exit() a bit smarter once we're sure what it's for.
- - Directory "helper".
- rewrite how libevent does select() on win32 so it's not so very slow.
- Write limiting; separate token bucket for write
- Audit everything to make sure rend and intro points are just as likely to
@@ -209,6 +216,27 @@ N - Vet all pending installer patches
- Do something to prevent spurious EXTEND cells from making middleman
nodes connect all over. Rate-limit failed connections, perhaps?
+Major items for 0.1.2.x:
+ - Directory guards
+R - Server usability
+N - Better hidden service performance
+ - Improve controller
+ - Asynchronous DNS
+ - Better estimates in the directory of whether servers have good uptime
+ (high expected time to failure) or good guard qualities (high
+ fractional uptime).
+ - memory usage on dir servers.
+ copy less!
+N - oprofile including kernel time.
+Topics to think about during 0.1.2.x development:
+ - Figure out non-clique.
+ - Figure out partial network knowledge.
+ - Figure out incentives.
- Limit to 2 dir, 2 OR, N SOCKS connections per IP.
- Handle full buffers without totally borking