[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Tor 0.0.9rc5 is out
"I know we said rc3 was close, but this one's closer -- it's got all
these new features!" -- anonymous
win32 exe: http://freehaven.net/tor/dist/tor-0.0.9rc5-win32.exe
win32 sig: http://freehaven.net/tor/dist/tor-0.0.9rc5-win32.exe.asc
(use -dPr tor-0_0_9rc5 if you want to check out from cvs)
o Bugfixes on 0.0.8.1:
- Disallow NDEBUG. We don't ever want anybody to turn off debug.
- Let resolve conns retry/expire also, rather than sticking around
- If we are using select, make sure we stay within FD_SETSIZE.
o Bugfixes on 0.0.9pre:
- Fix integer underflow in tor_vsnprintf() that may be exploitable,
but doesn't seem to be currently; thanks to Ilja van Sprundel for
- If anybody set DirFetchPostPeriod, give them StatusFetchPeriod
instead. Impose minima and maxima for all *Period options; impose
even tighter maxima for fetching if we are a caching dirserver.
Clip rather than rejecting.
- Fetch cached running-routers from servers that serve it (that is,
authdirservers and servers running 0.0.9rc5-cvs or later.)
- Accept *:706 (silc) in default exit policy.
- Implement new versioning format for post 0.1.
- Support "foo.nickname.exit" addresses, to let Alice request the
address "foo" as viewed by exit node "nickname". Based on a patch
by Geoff Goodell.
- Make tor --version --version dump the cvs Id of every file.