Topic of a diploma

Hi there,

During the last weeks I've done research. I'm looking for a topic for my diploma which should be close to anomity/tor. I've read quit a few about cicuit-building, geoip and node-exclusion in order to build "Vorratsdatenspeicherungs"-proof circuits. At the beginning of my research I thought it would be suitable to just restrict the choice of the nodes by writing a special controller, but later on I became aware of other possible kinds of attacks such as statistic attacks on both ends of the communication.
Where are you guys right now at? Is there anything I can do?
I'm looking forward to find some working specially at this kind of problem.

Greets

Heiko