[tor-dev] Drafting a proposal for mnemonic onion URLs

Howdy all.

I would like to make a mnemonic translation method for onion URLs. Not
as in a full petname system with registration and so forth, just a
"four little words" style way of rendering and entering existing
80-bit hashes in a way that is memorable to not just detect
partial-overlap fuzzing attacks but actually memorize and produce the
URL directly.

I'm not yet ready to make a formal proposal for serious review, but
here is an edit-authorized link to a draft document which has a bit
more detail. Feel free to edit and comment there.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IFMnMGh8ZqJIXYBhZOK4IW5KKG0fTatpTJiTS67nJlE/edit?hl=en_US

I'll update tor-dev when I feel it's ready for review as an actual
draft proposal; it's certainly not there yet. This is just meant as a
courtesy notice in case you're interested enough to help make it, and
following up from a discussion earlier today on tor-assistants.

Cheers,
Sai