Re: [tor-dev] Timers in Arti?

A variety of timers are needed on the relay side; on the client side though, aren't you mostly limited by the requirement of keeping a TCP connection open?

Really deep sleep would involve avoiding any protocol-level keepalives as well as TCP keepalives. This seems a lot like just shutting down the connection to the guard when sleeping; but of course that's got a latency penalty and it's visible to anyone who can see network activity.

-beth