Re: Exit Balancing Patch

My thoughts on entry guards:

#1. They should advertise a bandwidth of at least twice my incoming
speed. Maybe slightly more. If their speed is any lower, then there's
a good chance that I won't ever be able to get full speed.

#2. The chance of their being chosen should be based on how much
faster than my incoming bandwidth that they are, as well as their
"overloaded" factor -- what percentage of the time are they maxed
(either CPU maxed, or bandwidth maxed. I'd say memory/swapping limited
if there was a way to tell). I'd rather get a lower capacity machine
that is more than what I need if it is being ignored by the rest of
the network.

#3. For anonymity, I want an entry guard that is used by others. So I
want an entry guard that not only serves me, but several others.
Suddenly, I want a guard that has not just more than my speed, but
more than the speed of the other users. If I'm the fastest client
using that guard, the rule of "slightly more than twice what I need"
applies; otherwise, the speed that the others are using should
dominate, and I want to make sure that there is leftover bandwidth to
support me.

Thoughts?