[tor-dev] Network Status APIs

Greetings Tor devs,

In an effort to improve current resource utilisation, the
Network Health Status team is developing a new version of their pipeline [1].
Previously, much of the data was stored on files, this made many operations slow
due to their I/O bound nature. The new pipeline will transfer much of the data
related to Tor nodes and bridges from files stored on a single server's disk to
two separate databases: Postgres and Victoria Metrics.

With this new approach, there's the need to develop a new service that is going
to replace the current onionoo web protocol [2].

The main objective of this project is to design a RESTful API service, using the
actix_web framework, that is going to be integrated in the new pipeline v2.0
to support data retrieval of bridges and relays from the two databases and
additionally provide new features such as historic data search.

The project will be developed over the next few weeks as part of the GSoC
sponsored program.

Please do reach out to me, hiro or GeKo if you have any ideas or feedback you'd
like to share with us.

Cheers,
Matt

[1] https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/network-health/team/-/wikis/metrics/collector/pipeline