[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Proposal: Distributed Storage for Tor Hidden Service Descriptors
- To: or-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Proposal: Distributed Storage for Tor Hidden Service Descriptors
- From: Karsten Loesing <karsten.loesing@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 19:40:50 +0200
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Sun, 13 May 2007 13:42:31 -0400
- Reply-to: or-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 (X11/20070326)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Finally I finished the design for distributing the storage of hidden
service descriptors among the onion routers.
The basic idea of this proposal is to distribute the tasks of storing
and serving hidden service descriptors from currently three
authoritative directory nodes among a large subset of all onion routers.
The two reasons to do this are better scalability and improved security
properties. Further, this proposal suggests changes to the hidden
service descriptor format to prevent from new security threads coming
from decentralization and to gain even better security properties.
The full text can be viewed here:
For everyone who is interested, please feel free to comment on it!
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----