Re: Brainstorming about Tor, Germany, and data retention

The issue is mostly the part of the law that concerns "replacement of
addresses". Basically every node would need to log the original IP and
the new IP of a connection as well as the time when the connection
started and ended.

"Anonymisierungsdienste speichern die ursprüngliche und die neue Angabe
sowie des Zeitpunktes der Umschreibung dieser Angaben nach Datum und
Uhrzeit unter Angabe der zugrunde liegenden Zeitzone"

The problem here is that the "Technische Richtlinie" (technical
directive) has not yet been adapted to the law and/or not yet publicized.