Re: [tor-relays] Updating tor issue

What they told you, maybe a bit harsh, is that you are using a very old Debian version that will soon be end of life and won't get updates anymore. apt-get upgrade doesn't upgrade to new releases, you have to do it "manually". Think like a Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade which also doesn't happen with the normal Windows updates. You can either upgrade from your current version Buster (10 )--> Bullseye (11) --> Bookworm (12) or just reinstall it with Bullseye and configure it again.

Bauruine