Re: [tor-relays] max / burst speed

On 9/27/2011 1:37 PM,  "Steve Snyder" <swsnyder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Also, I have come to distrust TorStatus.  Why?  Because difference sites will have different numbers while supposedly monitoring the same network.  One of my nodes is currently showing an Observed bandwidth of 10KB (yes, ten) at torstatus.blutmagie.de while the same node is showing an Observed 83KB at torstatus.all.de.  Don't take the reported values as gospel.
They seem to be measuring different things. As far as I can tell, blutmagie.de appears to be calculating the average bandwidth actually used overall per day, i.e. the average of the rates shown in the Recent Read/Write History graphs, which in turn appear to be faithful copies of the node's reported extra-info data. all.de reports the node's own observed bandwidth figure from its most recently uploaded server descriptor, and I have no idea what it's showing in its Read/Write History graphs, it's not the extra-info history data, and I can't relate it to anything.

So blutmagie.de shows how much traffic the different routers are actually processing on average per second, and all.de shows the peak speed reached by each router in a short sprint (10 seconds?).