RE: 4/4 CVS Build - Huge Jump in Responsiveness - Just ME?

On Monday, April 04, 2005 12:39 PM Roger wrote:

>I hate to ask this, but are you sure you're using Tor? :) That's the
>first thing that comes to mind when people say "wow, cool, Tor is just
>as fast as my normal connection."

>We have been making some improvements to speed and reliability, but not
>that you describe above, I think.

>It's also hard to get a consistent feel for performance changes in the
>code, since the network itself varies so much in how hosed it is.

The few times that I have used tor client recently I noticed that it was
very fast as compared to before.

I also tried running tor server 0.1.0.1 on windows xp sp2 again and the
trouble I have been having seemed to be worse.  The behavior makes me think
it is a conflict with explorer.exe (not to be confused with internet
explorer).

Zinco