Re: tor v0.1.0.2 rc - Problem connecting to news servers

Many thanks for all replies and your time.

Maybe the problem is with the Privoxy and not with the Tor, because
when I connect Thunderbird to Tor directly (localhost 9050) I have no
problem connecting to the news servers, although I get the usual
possible information leak warning from Tor.

In addition when privoxy is running and browser requests a page, the
request is shown in Privoxy window with but with
Thunderbird-Privoxy-Tor no request from Thunderbird is appearing in
Privoxy window so this makes me think there is a problem between
Thunderbird-Privoxy.

On Apr 5, 2005 4:59 AM, Geoffrey Goodell
<goodell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If you believe that Tor should allow connections to port 119, then you
> should run a Tor node with a policy that supports this.  However, the
> reason that Tor administrators generally choose to not exit to port 119
> (and the reason why Tor developers chose not to allow connections to
> port 119 by default) is the potential for malicious parties to abuse Tor
> to send spam.

I would love to do that but I want to use the system as a user for a
while to get use to it and I am not sure if my current connection
(512/128) would support the quality that may be expected from a Tor
node.

> Please let us know if you have further questions.  We hope that your
> experience using Tor for other applications has been more successful!

Indeed it has and many thanks to developers who are doing a great job.