Re: tor server shutdown

Roger Dingledine wrote:

On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 09:40:56AM +0300, Giorgos Pallas wrote:

I am running a tor server with tor version 0.0.9.7 (latest with debian) and most of the time tor tends to use all the available cpu and most important, memory resources (around 256 MB -128 RAM & 128 swap), which makes all other processes starve and occasionaly (once a day for example) die. Given those problems I will shut down my server, until a proper mechanism for resource control will be made available in the options for tor...

Hi Giorgos,

Give the 0.1.0.x series a try.

See http://tor.eff.org/download.html for how to download the
latest experimental deb.

--Roger

So, after 4 days running the Tor v0.1.0.3-rc version, all I have to say is congratulations for the giant leap in performance, and friendliness to my system! One can just look at the mrtg I attach... The connections my server handles at each moment are always around 1770 with absolutely no problem... Keep up the good work guys!

PNG image