AW: Circuit failure after IP changes

> So I'm having problems with tor establishing new circuits after an IP
> change on my laptop. Tor seems unable to build new circuits after this
> happens, and I get tons of logs to the effect of:
>
> Apr 05 21:47:09.391 [warn] onion_extend_cpath(): Failed to find node
> for hop 0 of our path. Discarding this circuit.

I can confirm this problem for tor 0.1.0.17, 0.1.1.15-rc, 0.1.1.16-rc,
and 0.1.1.17-rc.  My tor server is running irregularly, just when my PC
is up.  Typically, after a couple of minutes (sometimes more than an
hour), I get:
Self-testing indicates your ORPort is reachable from the
outside. Excellent. Publishing server descriptor.

Afterwards, my local tor clients typically need about 50-70 Minutes to
learn the new IP address.

Removing ~/.tor helps almost immediately.

Just my observations.

Jens

P.S. By the way, once in a while I get the following message although
nickname and fingerprint are registered:
0/2 name-binding directory authorities recognize your nickname. Please
consider sending your nickname and identity fingerprint to the tor-ops.