getting tor to start at boot on mac osx

Hi-
I've used osx a total of about 4 hours now, and have got the tor/ privoxy package installed. I've set it up as a server and it works great, but it doesn't seem to start up at boot time. Did I miss something in the setup? Tor and Privoxy are listed in the /Library/ StartupItems folder.

When I do a shutdown -r now, I see that Privoxy tries to start at that time, and notices that something is already listening on 8118 - I see that privoxy is running as root at bootup, but no tor - running the "tor start" command in /Library/StartupItems does start tor running as _tor.

thanks!