Behaviour of "Address" on a multi-ip server

Hi,

My server has many IP addresses. I was paranoid that even though I set
"Address" in my configuration, outgoing connections might originate from
one of the other IP 's on the server. So to combat this I use the
following iptables rule:

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s ! 85.234.136.20 -m owner --uid-owner debian-tor -j SNAT --to-source 85.234.136.20

Where 'debian-tor' is the user my tor process runs as, and
85.234.136.20 is the IP I want all tor outgoing connections to appear
from.

My question is. Is this a waste of time? Does tor already originate
connections from the same IP it listens on? If not, it should... At
the very minimum, it should be a documented issue.

Thanks,
Mike