Re: Smallest cheapest device to run a tor home server?

Maybe someone else has found a better answer but when I researched this I found that although dd-wrt can run tor, there aren't any updated pre-built packages so you will most likely have to compile your own.

Check out the archives for some help:
http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/Sep-2006/msg00389.html

I still think in the end it's better to run a cheap computer dedicated to tor than to try to install it onto the firmware.  If you do find an easier solution, let us know! :)

ROC Tor Admin

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Chris Palmer <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tom Arnold writes:

> I have a linux WLAN router ( DD-WRT ) with 125 Mhz, 4 mb flash and 16 mb
> RAM ( 3 mb free ). Is that enough to run Tor?  ( I didnt find any recent
> ipk packages .. so i guess it is not worth it otherwise people would do it
> ... ) Would a 32 mb device with 200 mhz do the trick? Or what about the
> NSLU2 or the Linkstation. Or is a used laptop the best choice?

Those are all likely to be insufficient. A used laptop could work, or you
could take a look at sites like http://mini-itx.com/ for small systems.