Re: Making Google Angry

Cover traffic is very expensive. Have you ever thought of a spidering program like YaCy?
Comrade Ringo Kamens
On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 9:51 PM, <auto387645@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is in regards to
https://wiki.torproject.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorFAQ#GoogleSpyw
are

A while back, I found advice that users could increase their
security using Tor by having programs run on their computer that
would use the Tor Network, so it would be harder for another
individual monitoring traffic to tell if the user was actively
using the Tor Network or not; such a program would make it look
like the Tor Network was constantly in use by the user.

So, in my search to create "garbage" traffic, just any useless,
random requests I could have some program send through the Tor
Network, I found and used the "TrackMeNot" extension for Firefox.

Now, I can only assume Google, along with any of the other search
engines, don't appreciate this, but it was intended as a quick fix,
and it seemed to serve the purpose I wanted it to fulfill.

The downside being that while I'm probably not causing all the
Google errors people are encountering, it seems as if I'm probably
causing quite a lot of them. Before I tried this, I occasionally
got an error from Google; with TrackMeNot enabled, I ALWAYS get
errors when trying to search on Google.

So, I'm still looking for an alternative: a program that would send
random garbage data across the Internet through the Tor Network,
but that wouldn't cause any harm.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

--
Click here for great computer networking solutions!
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4fM6mXnnvf3x6KOIykTHmUDNfopJVYcJLUrFE9z3XMoKiOyy/