Introduction of another GSoC student

Hi folks!

My name is Chris and I am also very happy that I've been chosen to take part in this year's Google Summer of Code program. I'm an Information Systems student from Germany, finishing my master's degree this summer.

You can find my GSoC abstract here: http://code.google.com/soc/2008/eff/appinfo.html?csaid=CD5716F7F50B4036

In my master thesis I develop an environment to measure the performance of Tor hidden services and the many sub steps in detail. I want to find ways to increase the performance of hidden services without decreasing anonymity. The general path selection (which influences hidden service performance casually) is not in my focus, but HS protocol level changes are.

I've already implemented some ideas that I'm testing over a few days right now, so that afterwards I can empirically verify (or falsify) the impact of those changes. My GSoC work will be based on my tests and will allow me to take further steps in that direction that cannot be covered in my thesis due to time restrictions.

If you have any questions, suggestions, or comments, I'm looking forward to hear from you!

Regards,
Chris