Re: Multiple Tor Installs

On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 12:11:32AM -0400, Ringo wrote:
> Is it possible to just call Tor multiple times while specifying multiple
> configs? I figure this might work but I wanted to check in case there
> might be anonymity/security problems.
>
> I'm currently on Ubuntu Ibex.
>
> Thanks,
> Ringo

You can compile once and use different config files for each runtime instance.
The config file contains ports and identities and locations of data directories.
For example:
/usr/local/bin/tor -f /usr/local/etc/tor/torrc1
/usr/local/bin/tor -f /usr/local/etc/tor/torrc2

I don't use the deb package but compile from source with the default options.
I have Xubuntu Intrepid.