Re: tor removed from ubuntu jaunty

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 10:09 PM, Matt LaPlante <cybrmatt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A heads-up for fellow Ubuntu users: The tor package has been removed
> from Ubuntu Jaunty due to lack of maintainership.
>
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-discuss/2009-April/007866.html

If I didn't get it wrong, according to the mail, maintaining a Ubuntu
package for Tor doesn't sound much work- the .deb packages are
available from third-party repositories after all. So, is it because
nobody became interested in maintaining it or something else? If its
the former, I would be very interested to become a maintainer.

Thanks,
Bibek