Re: Information at exit node.

     On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 09:30:08 +0200 Brent Clark <brentgclarklist@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>Still kinda new to Tor, so my questions is, what information can exactly
>be gathered by an exit node?
>
>If someone can help me understand, if would be appreciated.

     For starters, the exit node has to have the IP address and port number
to which the stream wants a connection.  After that, the exit node sees all
data passing in either direction as part of the stream.  If those data happen
to be unencrypted, then anything embedded in the data can be collected.  This
latter is why the various recommended tor-related plug-ins for browsers have
been made available.  Each one performs many tasks, including attempts to
disable anything embedded in HTML, JavaScript, Java, etc. from being able to
report originating IP address information or other identifying inforemation
anywhere.  Please see, for example, the following warning.

	https://www.torproject.org/download.html.en#Warning

See also the tor FAQ article, especially section 6, at

	https://wiki.torproject.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorFAQ

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG