Re: Version checking (was Re: 25 tbreg relays in directory)

> By "remotely calculated CRC-value of the client" i mean that the
destination does the CRC calculation of the connecting client.
> Yes this means the client needs to send all of its binary-self to the destination.

That would be a pretty big upload for a dial-up user!

I am also wondering what kind of danger you think a *client* can have
for the Tor network.

And if somebody wanted to circumvent, I would think the client could be
modified so that when it claimed to be uploading itself, it was actually
uploading a copy of an unmodified binary.  Am I missing something?

Also what would be gained from a CRC based on the *binary*?  Wouldn't
that change according to the system that compiled it?