Tor questions

Hiya

I got this question to ask, and I know to some it will be a very silly Q, but im hoping you will see the light and in the spirit that im asking this.

Why does Tor not too use or support UDP?

I know its stateless in nature ( could error handling be handled but Tor ), but the point im trying to make is, and I know you all know, with UDP there will be less overhead and to my logic may improve services and delivery of Tor.

The other question I would like to know or maybe even a suggestion. Could the Tor packages be set to enable the Tor service / daemon as a default, to help contribute, as a default (naturally the person can switch it off if they wish) to the network and to the greater scheme of things.

Just something im thinking and hope someone could help me understand.

Kind Regards
Brent Clark