Re: fastestfox and too many connections

On 4/2/2010 1:59 PM, Faraaz Damji wrote:
Got in touch with the admin (email address posted here: http://smarterfox.com/help/). Hope I asked the right question.

Here is the response.

-Faraaz

Greatly appreciated Faraaz!

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: fastestfox and too many connections
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 01:40:17 -0700
From: Yongqian Li
To: Faraaz Damji <lists0@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

Thank you for this email.

Yes, FastestFox should obey Tor's settings. FastestFox is an Firefox
addon, and so it uses the API provided by Firefox to connect. Thus, it
will end up using whatever settings Firefox is configured to use.

The Awesomebar search queries Google using Google's AJAX API. Again,
this is using Firefox's API so it should obey whatever proxy settings
Firefox has been configured to use.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask me.

Sincerely,
Yongqian Li