Re: [or-talk] Re: huge pages, was where are the exit nodes gone?

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 at 05:58, Scott Bennett wrote:
> and straighten us out.  Remember that Olaf runs the highest-load-bearing
> tor node in our whole network, and there are at least two or four dozen
> others that should be considered heavyweight relays that are also on LINUX
> systems.

...and some of them are running on old notebooks and the tor process is
only a few megabytes in size :-|

However, if it turns out that using hugepages in Linux would help larger
Tor installations (and "superpages" can be recommended for *BSD systems[0]
as well), maybe this can be documented somehwere under doc/ or in the
wiki. But let's see how Olaf's experiment turns out.

Christian.

[0] http://www.freebsd.org/releases/7.2R/relnotes-detailed.html
    This is disabled by default and can be enabled by setting a loader
    tunable vm.pmap.pg_ps_enabled to 1.
--
BOFH excuse #98:

The vendor put the bug there.