Re: [tor-talk] GSOC Ideas.

On Sun, Apr 03, 2011 at 07:25:27PM -0700, Ian Foster wrote:
> Karsten, would working on TorStatus to make it work with the Metrics
> database be a useful project?

It would be useful, but improving the metrics website to be a better
TorStatus website would be much more useful. :)

Maybe I should accept the fact that the world has roughly as many
JSP/servlet developers as it has TorStatus maintainers and just do it
myself...

> Do you think either you, or someone else could mentor it? I know it's
> PHP and it won't directly be a part of Metrics but it could be another
> method of displaying and exporting the data.

I'm afraid I wouldn't be a good mentor for a PHP GSoC project.  I'm both
incapable and unwilling to read PHP code.

But this shouldn't stop you from working on TorStatus unrelated to GSoC.
I'd be glad to help you understand the metrics data if you're interested!

> Unfortunately I don't trust my little Java knowledge to work directly
> on metrics.

Fair enough.

Best,
Karsten