Re: [tor-talk] TB for Win

Thus spake Greg Kalitnikoff (kalitnikoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx):

> On Fri, 8 Apr 2011 17:29:17 -0700
> Mike Perry <mikeperry@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > So we're not sure exactly when all of this will be ready, but we're
> > working as hard as we can to make it ASAP.
>
> Hi Mike! Thanks for reply! I suspected the answer will be just like what
> you told.
>
> One more off-topic question. Why not QtWeb? It`s not
> like "replace Firefox with QtWeb immediately", but "why not to pay
> attention to something else, maybe less problematic and secure and
> simple". I suppose that you in-development-depth guys already have some
> thoughts about it.  Thanks.

If by QtWeb, you mean QtWebkit, then the Tor Project has actually
offered to pay the developer of a Tor fork of the Qt Webkit front end:
http://code.google.com/p/torora/

But he is quite happy continuing on as a volunteer. If torora proves
as functional and private as a forked Firefox, then we'll have to make
decisions on speed and ease of maintainance. Right now, I think it
lacks as extensive auditing and as comprehensive a featureset though.
But it is definitely moving along!

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist