[tor-talk] built-in tor2web functionalities into TOR?

Hi all,

I am wondering whether for the Tor Project goals the functionality of
Tor2Web can be considered a milestone to be reached or if it's up the to
the community to grow a network of software running tor2web systems.

I mean, it would be possible to envision the inclusion of tor2web
features into Tor, even if disabled by default?

That's because at globaleaks we are organizing the development a new
concept leaking project (i tell you, it's still early-alpha stage,
website is getting reworked) called GlobaLeaks (http://www.globaleaks.org /
http://trac.globaleaks.org) that leverage existing anonymous
technologies such as:
- TOR
- TOR2web

For the anonymous private and public publishing of leaks Tor2Web is
extremely relevant.
In order to properly distribute the risk of all players involved into
the leaking chain
(https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/globaleaks/wiki/SubjectsAndObjects)
it's important that the tor2web network grow to a high number of nodes.

In such leaking model the anonymous publishing capabilities provided by
tor2web along with tor hidden services it's very relevant as it allow a
leaking node to be run by anyone just by having a home computer with
vidalia and globaleaks software running (the sw still don't exist, we're
organizing better the project) without registering ip addresses, domain
names, servers, etc
It could open-up distributed local leaking, effective at local level
supported by local activists by reducing the entrance barrier to setup a
leak site.

-naif

p.s. The project is really re-organizing after some months of discussion
on the leaking methodology model, we hope within summer to be up and
running with some knowledge base and software released