Re: [tor-talk] Tor forum [WAS: Server/host for Tor forum in Iceland or Norway?]

> Hello Proper
>

> >> On Fri, March 30, Jef Heri <jefheri1 at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >> Hello list,
> >>
> >> I am interested in setting
> up a small Tor centric
> >> message board.
>
> > On Sat, 3/31/12, proper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <proper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Nice.
> >
> > You may be interested
> to report your plans and progress in
> > the Tor trac.
> > https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/3592
>

> > Will you allow guest postings?
>
> Thank you for the link. I do recall
> reading that ticket a while ago. I am not sure whether to allow guest posting,
> yet. Considering it's easy to sign up with an anon/throw-away e-mail address
> I think not. I think allowing anon guests is inviting trouble...
>
> What is
> your thought on the matter?

- I think guest postings are absolutely crucial.
- "Long time pseudonyms are problematic for many reasons." [1]
- One who is interested
in Tor, is interested in anonymity and abstains more likely from pseudonyms.
- People start getting interested in a forum using the guest accounts. After a while or after they got annoyed by trolls faking their name, they register.
- Most .onion boards allow guest postings. Also the i2p forum allows guest postings.
- You get much more activity.
- Much more one time contributions.
- Wikipedia grew with guest postings.
- If you do it well, you won't run into trouble with spam, just like the examples I stated above.

[1] https://blog.torproject.org/blog/risks-serving-whenever-you-surf