Re: [tor-talk] access sites

On Wednesday, 04 April, 2012 at 10:43:21 BST, Runa A. Sandvik wrote:
I have TOR icon installed on my desktop.  After clicking it, the onion
goes from yellow to green and a popup says 'Welcome to the TOR.  Now I need
help getting to sites like Silk Road.  The isn't a spot to type it in like
Google or other browsers.  Thanks for any advice.

The green icon means Tor is enabled from your computer. Now you need to
configure your web browser to use it. To do that, change its proxy to use
SOCKS5 (sometimes just SOCKS) on localhost, port 9050 (unless you've changed
the default port).

No you don't. Just use the browser in the Tor Browser Bundle, it's
already configured for use with Tor.

Sorry, I didn't see any mention of TBB.

--

.