Re: [tor-talk] Tor build failed - can't find libevent..

On 2012-04-04, AirosoÎicz fb. <airosovicz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I go by the name of Air0s & this is my first post to the list so pls bear
> with me..
> I've got a problem building Tor from source which has to do with libevent..

> # pkg_version -v | grep libevent

Oh, you're using FreeBSD.  Their goofy libevent2 port screws
everything up.  Build Tor using the security/tor-devel port.

If you insist on not using the port, you need to run:

  export CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include/event2
  export LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib/event2

before compiling Tor.  But if you couldn't figure that out on your
own, you really *really* should be using the FreeBSD port for Tor.

Robert Ransom