[tor-talk] Can Tor resist active IP discovery attacks from inside the client?

Hi,

As suggested by @proper, I am opening a new topic on the subject:

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 12:35,  <proper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For an adversary controlled machine, which can only exit traffic through Tor, if Tor can withstand or not, I don't know anyone who has ever researched that yet. After all only a minority uses the "Tor box" approach.

I have not seen this addressed previously. Is this easily possible, or
does the question require further research? Clearly, the assumption is
that the client cannot issue GETINFO requests to Tor control port or
anything of the sort — all client traffic is routed via Tor (directly
or transparently) or blocked.

--
Maxim Kammerer
Liberté Linux (discussion / support: http://dee.su/liberte-contribute)