Re: [tor-talk] wget - secure?

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 11:37, Robert Ransom <rransom.8774@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Which version of wget did you audit?  What information leaks did you
> check for during your audit?

I should have known I would get useless replies with zero informative
content to that summary. Wget does not resolve hostnames when it uses
a proxy. Many programs do (e.g., Midori does, and Pidgin did at one
point, if I am not mistaken), but wget doesn't. Wget is therefore safe
to use via Tor. Do you have any specific information saying otherwise,
besides the obvious “no one should ever claim that anything is 100%
anything, ever”? Note that I originally replied to a post by Runa
Sandvik which was entirely wrong and needed correction, and that you
are quoting a summary. What is your contribution to this thread
exactly?

--
Maxim Kammerer
Liberté Linux (discussion / support: http://dee.su/liberte-contribute)