Re: [tor-talk] secure and simple network time (hack)

Hi,

Jacob Appelbaum wrote (19 Jul 2012 23:48:48 GMT) :
> intrigeri:
>> So, Jake tells me that ChromeOS will use tlsdate by default, and that
>> this should solve the fingerprinting issue. Therefore, I assume this
>> implicitly answer the (half-rhetorical, I admit) question I asked in
>> March, and I assume there is indeed some fingerprinting issue. So, in
>> the following I'll assume it's relatively easy, for a close network
>> adversary (say, my ISP) to detect that I'm using tlsdate.
>>

> It isn't shipping yet, so we'll see what happens.

I'm told ChromeOS ships it nowadays, so I'm excited at the idea to
learn more about it, so that we can move forward a bit about the
fingerprinting issue.

I was not able to find any authoritative information about how they
run it. Their time sources [1] design doc is quite clearly outdated.
Where can I find up-to-date information on this topic? I assume one of
the dozens of Chromius Git repositories [2], but which one?

[1] http://www.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/time-sources
[2] http://git.chromium.org/gitweb/

Cheers,
--