Re: [tor-talk] Bad Exit Node Control

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 13:20:57 +0000
Andrew F <andrewfriedman101@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> When Tor sends out packets over the Tor network, are they always the same
> size?  If not is there a max size?
>
> > ... I thought we were talking about exit
> > nodes that are run by people that are sniffing data.
> >  Sure would be nice to identify those exit nodes and deal with them.

You will not normally be able to identify sniffers by packet size,
because they would not be changing anything.

Tor packet sizes and other characteristics are documented in the
design specifications:
https://www.torproject.org/docs/documentation.html.en#DesignDoc
See the main Tor spec
https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git?a=blob_plain;hb=HEAD;f=tor-spec.txt
in particular.

The criteria for saying a relay is bad are shown at
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/badRelays