Re: [tor-talk] NSA supercomputer

I know a chip designer who explained to me that when they are testing chips
for functionality, workability and general integrity, they will run test
chips on a wafer.   So while expensive, it is possible to do short runs on
custom cpu's.  Test runs happen everyday at every foundry.  It is
completely plausible that a company might have a few thousand custom chips
used to crack various algorithms.  all it takes is money and motivation.