Re: [tor-talk] Cicpa

Griffin is 100% correct about the leverage you can get from a phone
call rather than other forms of communication with Congrescritters.

My organization (CDT) has been working heavily on CISPA, along with
our allies EFF, ACLU and others. The bill did just (within the past
hour) indeed pass our House.

Before the bill moved to the House floor, our National
Security/Cybersecurity lead (one of my bosses, Greg Nojeim) wrote the
following critique of the bill:

https://www.cdt.org/blogs/greg-nojeim/1504cispa-moves-house-floor-still-deeply-flawed

And this week the White House issued a veto threat saying if it comes
to the President's desk in its' current form, he will veto it. The
statement reads exactly like the arguments many of us advocacy
organizations have been making, which is a good sign:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/legislative/sap/113/saphr624r_20130416.pdf

We doubt much movement will happen in our Senate soon and any bill
will look very different.

best, Joe

https://josephhall.org/