Re: [tor-talk] CloudFlare

On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 03:34:15 +0000, grarpamp wrote:
> As you've noted, reputation (and learning systems in general) are
> a powerful tool over time. With the same noted exception regarding
> new users... the real world tells us that the first driveby from a
> new user bent on trouble may not ever be truly preventable. Yet
> input from other users and help desks into a good system can stop
> that user rather fast.

The problem, as I understand it, is that wikipedia has: A single
hellbent user needs 10 minutes to cause trouble that takes an
hour to fix. And unfortunately, that user won't go away but
instead appear newly anonymous, and can continue to consume
a factor of five to one in maintainer's manpower. The question
is whether a) they can afford that at all and b) whether the
potential loss of input outweighs the binding of maintainer's
man power (in a way that won't keep them as maintainers for long).

> In English some people say 'shit happens'
> and continue on with their day :)

Problem is, this kind of shits keeps happening if you don't
want to block the shitters.

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."