Re: [tor-talk] CloudFlare

On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 07:35:27 +0000, grarpamp wrote:
> If you require accounts, invest time in better rollback systems
> so that a single click makes the user and their contributions
> disappear.

You keep ignoring that determined troublemakers can't be forced
to use a single account. Who is determined to creatively
deface user generated content will have no problem solving
many captchas or similar. (And I guess you wouldn't want
to tie accounts to mobile phone numbers or similar.)

Thus, there *is* no one-click way to undo all the changes
of a troublemaker, as they don't come from a single account.

> [1] For instance, email spam. It is not sucessfully fought with
> just IP blocks at all.

Email spam has a completely different goal. Unlike the WP jerk,
no spammer spams just to annoy/damage people.

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@*.org>