Re: [tor-talk] CloudFlare

On 04/18/2013 08:32 AM, Andrew Lewman wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Apr 2013 23:59:45 -0400
> grarpamp <grarpamp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Noticed a recent surge of sites using CloudFlare.
>
> Actually, I've talked to cloudflare in the recent past. They don't
> block Tor per se, they rate limit connections/request per IP address.
>
> While I don't agree with this model, it seems consistent with how they
> treat Tor. I can connect to cloudflare sites by forcing circuits to
> exit through non-busy exit relays just fine.

Just want to jump in and say that Freedom of the Press Foundation
starting using CloudFlare to fend off a DDoS attack a couple months ago
and we've never had a single complaint from a Tor user not being able to
access it.

I've tried visiting https://pressfreedomfoundation.org over Tor myself
several times and have always gotten through.

--
https://twitter.com/micahflee