Re: [tor-talk] Tor and BitCoin miner trojans - perfect pair

On 04/26/2013 08:44 PM, Griffin Boyce wrote:

>  David H. Lipman <DLipman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Between Tor being used in malware and being used to abuse Usenet, Tor's
>> onion core is
>> rotting.
>>
>> I wonder what OTHER malware I am missing that is using the Tor network to
>> obfuscate the
>> malicious activity.
>>

>   It's interesting that we never seem to have these discussions about the
> internet as a whole.
>
>   Every piece of technology that facilitates communication can be used for
> criminal activity or harassment.  Tor is not exempt from that.

More than that, no such technology that's inadequate for the most
"malicious activity" imaginable is truly adequate for protecting human
rights. And the beauty of Tor is that there's no need to agree on what
"malicious activity" and "human rights" mean ;)