[tor-talk] strange behavior of Tor Browser on Windows 8.1

Hi,

I have upgraded to latest Tor Browser Bundle version: 3.5.4 - Windows
32 bit.
My operating system is Windows 8.1 Pro Enterprise, 64 bit.

The odd things i have noticed (which didn't happen in previous
versions) are:

1. Some kind of cookie / session handling issue, i cannot login to
mail.aol.com , after entering credentials I get this error:
Authentication Problem
Uh-oh! Your sign-in got derailed. We’re on it—sorry for the delay.
Click here to try again.

If you use a bookmark to get to AOL Mail, update it to
http://mail.aol.com .

Browser security settings sometimes disrupt sign-in. In Internet
Explorer, try selecting “Enable Protected Mode” in both the Internet
zone and Trusted sites zone . On Firefox, try using Safe Mode .

You also might try deleting your browser history. Find this in the
“Tools” menu — and make sure to clear (delete) cookies!

For complete instructions, click here.

If you’re unable to access your account for more than two hours,
please tell us.
#####################

2. Portable application issue: Windows doesn't see the portable
firefox within the Tor Browser Bundle as a portable app, I have
firefox normal installed for normal browsing and Tor Browser Bundle
and run them simultaneously.

I use CCleaner from Piriform to clear the cookies, history and cache
stuff. In the previous versions of tor browser bundle, i could close
my regular installed firefox and leave Tor Browser Open, and CCleaner
could clean everything with no error.

now with the latest version of Tor Browser, i close my regular firefox
but CCleaner when I run CLEAN states that firefox is opened and needs
to close in order for it to clean the cookies and cache stuff.
 Why so?

s7r
- --
PGP Public key: http://www.sky-ip.org/s7r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx